Building the percussions and FX.
Rise Rising Sweep 1:
- Using Omni road runner, turned off Churchbells, and replaced A instrument with White noise, then automated cubase EQ sweep HP.
- Some kick and snare (sidestick)
- bounced to rough_stage2_bounce
- Building another set of kick and snare chorus use.
- Building hi-speed hihat for R&B style repeats.
- Nexus > Arp > play with settings
- Speed 1/64 or 1/64T
- Adjust ‘gate’ for length of each repeats
- And you can select the notes.
- Sweeps: Omni Danish noiz and White avalanche hit
- Downlifter Sweep Hit: Omni (Falling modular laser) replace sound with ‘Anguished Cries’ – can use any sound
- Found a dark hit: Just a friendly reminder in Omni
- Creating the instruments to use the above beats
- Creating instrument also means we can perform live in the future!
- Snare, Kick, sidestick, crash1, crash2, hihats, rises, uplifter, downlifter, hit
- Consider adding Hello cover effects and sounds.
- Arrangement upgrade
- sound effect list find: nexus – drum singles – dr fx 5 – underwater sonar c4
- sound effect list find: nexus – drum singles – dr fx 6 – heartbeat, lightning, gunshot for cowboy song
- Upgrade main drums
- Bounce Addictive drums multi:
- Turn on all channel outputs on Add Drums from Instruments window list.
- Output every instrument on the ADD drums interface .. down arrow icon.
- Bounce and select multiple channel export and select all of them, input PREtitle.
- Simple mix and noises
Stage 8 : vocals
- Recorded, mixed, eqed.
- recording CHINESE version later, use this project
- Read and research: rihanna vocal mix http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb07/articles/insidetrack_0207.htm
- Used Monodelay FX channel, and Ronin Damage on the exported vocal track for our DELAY track
Stage 7: Add inspiration PADs? Panning instruments?
- Front part, too many empty dead space .. need pad, white noise or surrounding ambience.
- Mix bring out high pass .. for all instruments except drums and vocals a lil.