Right now, important to be problem-free, virus free.
So we install ALL drivers, ALL Cubase and default softwares ONLY – maschine, remote sl… skip komplete and opther stuffs
For the non-defaults, i.e. trillian,stylus etc, try to install them and ALL plugins to another directory outside of SYSTEM directory, By system we mean C:\program files , anywhere that will be backed up and restored. A good location would be ANOTHER DRIVE \ Musicdata\ Vstplugins
+ automap, remote SL
Remember to point Cubase to use the right VST folder in MUSICDATA, to scan in Plugin Manager.
Configure power energy settings for your OS.
Finally use Macrium Reflect on Windows 10:
– VSS failure image backup ? : http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/172081-Best-of-breed-Win10-s-hybrid-backup-system?p=1026251&viewfull=1#post1026251
- Use Windows 7 on Macbook pro to do it.
MUSICDATA folder of plugins and samples can be symbolic linked to an external drive and behave like it’s LOCAL to cubase, maschine and other softwares:
- Copy MUSICDATA from local to external drive i.e. J:\
– install LINK SHELL EXTENSION
– Pick J:\MUSICDATA as ‘PICK LINK SOURCE’ on right click menu in File Explorer
– Then on local C:\ (lacie) drop as ‘SYMBOLIC LINK’
– that’s it!