- Right click on the SOUND icon in taskbar on Windows 10 > Open sound settings
- In the new Window/Dialog (A), select the correct devices for both OUTPUT and also INPUT.
- Select DEVICE PROPERTIES for your OUTPUT device.
- Select ADVANCED in the new popup Window/Dialog (B).
- Choose the CORRECT sample rate i.e. 48000 Hz
The INPUT or RECORDING devices selected in the previous window (A), affects which sample rates are listed in window B.
When importing and playing back WAV previews in Cubase, they sound like chipmunk music. Too fast.